Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The power of the 'lowly' people in an office

Hello people, (as if anyone reads this blog. ha! ha!)

my transcript issues are still on.  I have written yet another letter, this time to the department, and I copied the post graduate school.

So, I went to deliver the letter, a lady, nay, an elderly woman, who works in the HOD's office, whom I have always greeted, spoke to me and asked me what the issue is, and once again, I narrated my story.

She said she would take it up, just like that.  She asked for a copy of my attestation of result and she would speak with the HOD and request that she goes to search in results office (you don't even want to know about that place, results are still packed in jute bags!).

I thanked her profusely and left.

She called me, last night, she called and said the HOD has minuted on it and she will go to the results office to check it for me.

Do not underestimate the power of clerks, messengers, cleaners.

My mother taught me never to look down on anybody, and I have never done that, it has always helped me.  She herself started civil service work as a cook and then a file clerk.

PLEASE, BE NICE TO EVERYBODY!

7 comments:

Toinlicious said...

Lool@As if anyone reads. I just stumbled on it though.

COngratulations on your transcripts. I can imagine the madness that goes on in trying to get it *sigh*

gretel said...

Only lowly people with superior mentality that would help. If you meet low people with low minds, you will curse them.

I just saw your blog and I'm following now. Visit my blog.

Atoke said...

Thank you @Toinlicious, for reading and commenting. I thought I was still hiding

Hi @Gretel, thank you. Yes, some lowly people won't help you unless you grease their palm, but we need to celebrate those who are superior

Nitty-Gritty said...

YAY! Happy for you that things are progressing. GOD be praised! And yes, NEVER underestimate anybody! It is the 'lowly' that have access to the 'mighty' since they work with and for them.

Abiola said...

Got here from New Dawn.

I don't know but referring to them as lowly seems a bit derogatory but I get the point / message. Their power / influence should really not be underestimated so nobody should really be looked down on.


Atoke said...

Hello @Abiola, thank you for your comment. I assure you, I did not mean it to be derogatory, that's why it's in inverted commas

Unknown said...

Well, I need a slap for resurrecting this post. I just stumbled on your blog. The lowly people are the best, they act like kids. We just need to be humble like Christ did. Bless!