Friday, March 7, 2014

A ray of light...it is good to keep in touch

Hmn, like I said, Unilag will not truncate my hustle.

But, there is a ray of light, perhaps a brief background is necessary.

As an undergraduate, I had a good rapport with a number of my lecturers, and as a masters student, I continued with those who were still around, only one of them.  After finishing, I kept in touch, calls, some visits etc.

He left too, which means everyone who taught me has left, at least all the people I had a rapport with.

So, the issue with my transcript is that some documents were damaged in my department, and our results were part of it.  I was FRUSTRATED! Because, all the lecturers had gone to different parts of the globe, Jos, Botswana, Heaven.

Anyway, I had a brainwave, I called the man whom I had the greatest rapport with, he is the one in Jos and as God would have it, he was also the postgraduate coordinator in my set.

I let him know straight away it was not a social call and explained my dilemma to him, he wad full of empathy and promised to check his system (thank God for forward looking lecturers.) and asked me to call him the next day.

I called and HALLELUYAH!  he found it, and had sent it to the current PG coordinator.

Now, it remains to get a hold of the current PG coordinator and encourage her to prepare the broadsheet and send to PG school to be sent to Records office (can you imagine the maze?)

As soon as I have a breather, am off to Unilag again, my enrollment advisor has been calling me

2 comments:

Nitty-Gritty said...

HE makes a way where there is none...keep the faith burning sistah.

Atoke said...

@New Dawn, thank you. I am keeping the faith