Monday, January 6, 2014

A reminder of a similar leap of faith

E tun l’e se o, ju bee lo, leekan si (2ce) (you can do more than the previous times)
B’e ti se l’ojo o josi (as you did in times past)
B’e ti se in igba won ni (as you did in the days of yore)
E tun l’e se o, ju bee lo leekan si (you can do more than the previous times)

I had to sing that song because the devil is trying to tell me all the reasons I should not take this leap of faith.
In my trip through the psalms, the writers usually reminded the Lord of what He had done in the past and implore Him to do it again; this time round, I have chosen to remind the devil of what the Lord had done, I took a similar leap of faith.
In 2004, I gained admission to study for my Masters degree, I decided to go full time, I wanted to redeem my myself, I had a second class lower in my first degree, and I wanted more.  I suffered terribly from low self-esteem, but the Lord had sent people my way to use words to shore me up.  A lovely sister, now of blessed memory goaded me, encouraged and pushed, that I am more intelligent than I gave myself credit for.
However, there was so much noise from family, friends, acquaintances, colleagues – ‘why would you do that?’ ‘nobody leaves a job to study for masters’ etc.

The moment I resigned from my job, the noise stopped!
I will like to testify that I resigned my job and exactly a year after, almost to the date, I secured a better job, paying nearly triple of what I received in my previous job.  It also turned out that I needed that year, the family needed me for that year, it was a time of tremendous growth for me.  I am a better person today for taking that year to study for my master.

He that did it then, will do it again, I have put my hands in His hand.

2 comments:

Nitty-Gritty said...

Truly a big leap of faith!
I too would have joined your loved ones to discourage you from resigning ....but I know to each a different gift is given and yours happens to be unshaken faith...and I rejoice with you that you got blessed for it.

Atoke said...

Thank you @New Dawn. It was a massive leap of faith, but as we know God did it. He saw the end. The challenges am facing on this one too has shown it is his will. No shaking!